AUO Envirotech Inc. (the “Company”, “we”, “us”)
Protecting the personal privacy of every customer, vendor, and employee is a crucial part of gaining and keeping the trust of our stakeholders. We hope that the privacy notice outlined below serves as an indication of our commitment to protecting the security and privacy of your personal data.
Please read this privacy notice carefully. When visiting this website and using our services, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this policy.
Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the data alone or in conjunction with any other data in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of your personal data is governed by applicable privacy laws.
What roles do we play in processing your data?
We are the data controller with respect to processing your data (contact details below). This means that we decide how your personal data is processed and for what purposes. We know that you care how data about you is used and shared, and we appreciate your trust that we will do so carefully and sensibly.
When are your personal data collected?
Some of your data can, in particular, be collected by us:
- whenever you become our customer;
- whenever you register to use our online services (each time you log in or each time you use them);
- whenever you fill in forms and contracts that we send to you;
- whenever you use our services and products;
- whenever you subscribe to our newsletters, reply to our invitations (conferences, etc.);
- whenever you contact us via the various channels we offer you;
- whenever you are filmed by our surveillance cameras located in or near our premises. These images are recorded solely for the purpose of protecting property and people’s safety, and for preventing abuse, fraud or other criminal activities from which our customers and ourselves could also become victims (the presence of the cameras are indicated by stickers with our contact details).
Our collection of personal data
The personal data we collect include any and all data you provide to us when you enter into contract with us, register an account with us, enter on our website, provide us information on a web form, update or add information to your account, or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide data to us, but we may then not be able to service you where such services require processing such data. We use the data that you provide for purposes administering your use of our services, such as communicating with you, responding to your requests, managing your account, customizing your service experience with us, and improving our products and services. We may communicate with you by email or telephone, in accordance with your wishes. We will send you strictly service-related announcements or information on rare occasions when it is necessary to do so.
Examples of the data we collect and store include: your e-mail address, name, address, phone number, transaction data and any information you provide during a transaction, logistics and billing data (such as customs ID and tracking number), your chat and service history with us, and any other information you may provide us such as your age, gender, interests and preferences.
We also receive and store certain types of data whenever you interact with us. For example, we use "cookies," which are unique identifiers that we transfer to your device to enable our systems to provide features of our services on other websites, provide remote access for you, allow you to visit our website without re-entering your username and/or password, verify that you have the authorization needed for the services to process your requests, personalize and improve your experience, record your preferences, customize functionalities for your devices, and to improve the functionality and user-friendliness of our services. It also helps us to better understand how you interact with our services and to monitor aggregate usage and web traffic routing on our website. Cookies do not cause any damage on your computer and do not contain any viruses. Most browsers automatically accept cookies as the default setting. You can modify your browser setting by editing your browser options to reject our cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie. However, if a browser does not accept cookies or if you reject a cookie, some portions of our services may not function properly.
We obtain certain types of data when your web browser accesses us, such as the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, device ID or token, unique identifier, device type, computer and connection data such as the type of operating system you use, your device information, your software information, browser type and version, your browsing history on our website, and your web log information on our website.
Use of Google Analytics
How do we process your personal data?
We comply with our obligations under applicable privacy laws by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by collecting and retaining only the necessary that we need to service you; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
The processing operations we perform on your data covers automated and non-automated means of collecting, recording, organizing, structuring, storing, altering, retrieving, using, transmitting, disseminating or otherwise making available, aligning or combining, restricting, and/or erasing your data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To design and deliver our services and activities to you.
- To operate our website to provide you access to and use of our services.
- To customize, measure, and improve our services based on your service preferences.
- To provide services and products requested by you as described when we collect the information.
- To contact you to conduct research about your opinions of current services and products or of potential new services and products that may be offered by us.
- To send you newsletters informing you of our news, events, new products, and activities.
- To share your contact details with our affiliate offices around the world within our group companies, for the purposes of internal administration and back-office support, to ensure our network security, and to prevent fraud.
- To maintain the integrity and safety of our data technology systems which store and process your personal data.
- To provide anonymous reporting for internal and external customers.
- To share your contact details with our logistics partners, distributors, and integrators so that they can assist us to deliver our services and products to you.
- To enforce or defend our policies or contract with you.
- To detect and investigate data breaches, illegal activities, and fraud.
What is our lawful basis for processing your personal data?
We generally only store and process your personal data if you provide your explicit consent beforehand, e.g. when establishing contact or obtaining information. This allows you to decide whether you wish to transfer the data you supply when registering or responding to a request for information and use by us. If you agree, we can use your data to respond to inquiries or to improve our services and products, for example. We will collect, process and use the personal data supplied explicitly by you only for the purposes communicated to you and will not disclose it to third parties, or only with your permission, unless disclosure is necessary to negotiate and perform a contract with you, is required by law or to comply with a government agency or court orders, is necessary to establish or preserve a legal claim or defense and furthermore, is necessary to prevent misuse or other illegal activities, such as willful attacks on our systems for maintaining data security, or is carried out for any additional purpose that is directly related to the original purpose for which the personal data was collected. We further detail the circumstances of data disclosure to third parties in the section “Sharing your personal data” below.
The lawful basis for us to process your general personal data is processing as necessary for us to enter into and to perform our contract with you.
Processing of certain personal data
In accordance with the applicable privacy laws, we currently do not collect or process the following categories of data relating to you: your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, trade union membership, health data, genetic data, biometric data. If we had to process this type of data, we would always request your prior explicit consent.
Necessity to provide us data
You are not under any obligation to provide us any personal data. As noted below, the choice is yours. However, please note that without certain data from you, we may not be able to undertake some or all of our obligations to you under our contract with you, or adequately provide you with our full range of services. If you would like to obtain more detail about this, please contact us following the instructions in the “Contact Us” section below.
Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential, and will be shared only with the categories of data recipients listed below. We will only share your data with third parties outside of the Company with your consent, and you will have an opportunity to choose for us not to share your data.
We may disclose your personal data to:
- our affiliated entities within our global group of companies worldwide to provide you services such as facilitating order processing and shipping, for internal administration purposes, to detect and deal with data breaches, illegal activities, and fraud, and to maintain the integrity of our information technology systems.
- third party service providers whom we sub-contract to work on our behalf or for us and therefore may have access to your information only for purposes of performing these tasks on our behalf and under obligations similar to those in this policy, who perform functions such as information processing, order fulfillment, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys, logistics support, marketing support, payment processing and invoice collection support, informational systems technical support, to help us provide, analyze, and improve our services such as data storage, maintenance services, database management, web analytics, and improvement of our service features, and to assist us in detecting and dealing with data breaches, illegal activities, and fraud.
- government, courts, or law enforcement agencies, to comply with our obligations under relevant laws and regulations, enforce or defend our policies or contract with you, respond to claims, or in response to a verified request relating to a government or criminal investigation or suspected fraud or illegal activity that may expose us, you, or any other of our customers to legal liability; provided that, if any law enforcement agency requests your data, we will attempt to redirect the law enforcement agency to request that data directly from you, and in such event, we may provide your basic contact information to the law enforcement agency.
- third parties involved in a legal proceeding, if they provide us with a court order or substantially similar legal procedure requiring us to do so.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep your personal data for no longer than reasonably necessary for the given purpose for which your data is processed. If you will provide us, or have provided us, consent for us to process your data, we will process your data for no longer than your consent is effective. Notwithstanding the above, we may retain your personal data as required by applicable laws and regulations, as necessary to assist with any government and judicial investigations, to initiate or defend legal claims or for the purpose of civil, criminal or administrative proceedings. If none of the above grounds for us to keep your data apply, we will delete and dispose of your data in a secure manner according to our data protection policy.
Privacy of data subjects under the age of 16
Our products and services are not targeted to persons under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect or process personal data from persons under the age of 16.
Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under applicable privacy laws, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which we hold about you;
- The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request to erase your personal data where it is no longer necessary for us to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time, where we rely on your consent to process your data;
- The right to request that we provide you with your data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, where the processing is based on your consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with you, and in either case we process the data by automated means;
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or the lawfulness of our processing of your personal data, to request that a restriction is placed on further processing of your data;
- The right to object to us using your personal data to engage in direct marketing;
- The right to lodge a complaint regarding our processing of your data, with the competent authority where you reside or in which your data is processed.
If you would like to exercise any of the above rights, please do so by e-mail to email@example.com.
After receiving your request, we will evaluate your request and inform you how we intend to proceed on your request. Under certain circumstances in accordance with applicable privacy laws and regulations, we may withhold access to your data, or decline to modify, erase, port, or restrict the processing of your data.
Transfer of Data Abroad
As a globally operating company, we must be able to transmit your data to other countries within our global group of companies, for the reasons set forth above. We will be transferring your personal data to the countries and jurisdictions. In making such data transfers, we make sure to protect your personal data by applying the level of security required by applicable privacy laws. Where we transfer your data to a country that cannot guarantee the required level of protection, we have enhanced our IT security measures and have entered into standard data protection clauses with the transferee to require security obligations on the transferee, both of which are intended to increase the protection of your personal data.
Profiling and Automated Decision Making
We currently do not carry out any form of profiling, which is an automated processing of personal data consisting of using your personal data to build a profile on you and evaluate certain personal aspects concerning you, or to analyse or predict aspects concerning you. Nor do we currently use your data to perform any fully automated decision-making that involves making decisions by solely technological means without human involvement. If and when we decide to undertake any profiling or fully automated decision-making using your data, we will provide you with a prior explanation about what we intend to do with your data and obtain your explicit written consent for us to do so, and we will prior to such processing implement appropriate measures to safeguard your rights, freedoms and legitimate interests.
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing such further processing for a new purpose, setting out the relevant new purpose and processing conditions. In such case, we will find a lawful basis for further processing, and whenever necessary we will seek your prior written consent to such further processing.
We protect your data using technical measures to minimize the risks of misuse, unauthorized access, unauthorized disclosure, loss or theft, and loss of access. Some of the safeguards we use are data pseudonymization, data encryption, firewalls, and data access authorization controls. We take our data security very seriously. Therefore the security mechanisms used to protect your data are checked and updated regularly to provide effective protection against abuse.
The website through which we collect your information is usually encoded using the encryption module of your browser such as Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure. These sites are certified for international encryption technique. Moreover, we have put in place additional and comprehensive state-of-the-art security measures when your data are accessed via the internet. Firewalls prevent unauthorized access. Diverse encryption and identification layers protect your data from intrusion or disclosure to third parties during data transfer. Additionally, a session ID is generated during data transfer to safeguard your information.
If you believe that the security of your data has been compromised, or if you like more information on the measures we use to protect your data, please contact us following the instructions in the Contact Us section below.
What are your choices?
You have the choice to allow us to collect and process your data. The collection and processing of your personal data is neither a statutory nor a contractual requirement, although as noted above, we will be unable to provide you with certain services without the data necessary for such services purposes.
If you are dealing with us online, note that most browsers will inform you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable cookies. Additionally, you can disable or delete data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, on your browser or on the website of its manufacturer.
You can always choose not to provide your data to us, although we may need such data to process your requests, in which case we will inform you of our constraints.
After you have consented to our processing of your data, you can always choose to discontinue our processing.
You can always choose to request from us a copy of the personal data we store and process regarding you.
You can always choose to add or update data that you have provided to us.
You can choose to erase your data, or you may choose to restrict our processing of your data instead.
You can choose to port your data to a third party under conditions stated above.
You can always choose to object to us directing our marketing efforts at you.
You can always choose to not allow us to engage in profiling or make automated decisions.
You can always choose to not allow us to transfer your data to third parties, or transfer your data to a party located in other countries, although such a prohibition may affect the delivery of our obligations or services to you; in this situation, we will inform you of our constraints.
In sum, what we are allowed to do with your data is, with limited exceptions under applicable privacy laws, up to your choice.
Whom should I contact?
If you have any question about this Privacy Notice, or if you would like to exercise any of your rights, or if you have any complaints that you would like to discuss with us, please in the first instance send us your signed and dated request, together with a copy of your identity card. Please be as accurate as possible:
by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org